IONTAS is an internationally renowned research company offering antibody discovery services focussed on antibody phage display, a technique originally invented by our founder. The company has also invented a proprietary mammalian display platform for identifying high affinity, developable lead antibody candidates with the added advantage of allowing selection for optimal biophysical properties during the earliest stages of drug discovery.
To expand the company and help secure our future IONTAS combined forces with FairJourney Biologics, Portugal. Our joint operation consists of more than 100 scientists and has successfully completed more than 500 projects, with over 100 biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. This represents a rare opportunity to experience a huge diversity of projects, spanning all imaginable indications and modalities, and performed in collaboration with world-leading scientists and innovators. Through organic growth and acquisition we will continue to expand our offering centred around antibody discovery using immune and naïve library approaches combined with our next generation mammalian display technology.
As a Bioinformatician you support the antibody discovery, engineering and characterisation of antibody panels using well-established methodologies. We have a rich scientific environment with a focus on client-based antibody drug discovery projects and innovative platform development. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop novel statistical and computational methods and bioinformatic tools for all phases of R&D;
- Design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analysing large molecular data sets;
- Enable effective storage and visualization of large and complex data sets;
- Locate and search publicly available bioinformatics data of interest;
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning.
- Work following the company standard operating procedures and documentation.
IONTAS is seeking a Bioinformatician, with the following characteristics:
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field, with relevant experience in data science and antibody analysis.
- Excellent programming skills applied in a bioinformatics context (e.g. Python).
- Experience in full stack software development cycle including design, implementation, testing, version control and deployment.
- Experience in bioinformatics algorithms.
- Experience in automated data processing pipelines primarily for antibody next-generation sequencing.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, ability to interact across a multi-disciplinary team.
Additional desired skills
- Background understanding of B cell and antibody biology.
- Background understanding of molecular biology and cell biology.
We are a highly motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company FairJourney Biologics in Portugal. We offer career development opportunities and a fun working environment in our expanding Cambridge site.
Competitive salaries depending on experience, including the opportunity to participate in the company pension and life insurance schemes.
Applications must be submitted directly through our website, at https://www.iontas.co.uk/job-opportunities/, before the 15th November 2021. Please use “Reference 73” for this position.
References & original qualification certificates will be requested subsequent to a job offer.
For more information about this position you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.