FairJourney Biologics is a leading CRO in antibody discovery, engineering, characterisation and production. We provide services to pharmaceutical companies and top biotech’s from the U.S., Europe and Asia. With our scheduled move to brand new state-of-the-art facilities, we are looking for a proactive and highly organised technician with a great service mentality to join our Cambridge, UK support unit. For more information, please visit www.iontas.co.uk
As a Laboratory Technician you will have the following responsibilities:
- To be the core support person for our busy tissue culture teams, carrying out cell line maintenance, banking of lines & maintain the inventories for cell lines that underpin Iontas’s technology development and CRO services;
- Preparation and QC of high-quality DNA samples in support of the molecular biology and tissue culture activities of the company;
- To participate in the maintenance, stocking and organisation of Iontas’s laboratories, including preparation of laboratory reagents and buffers;
- To ensure records are kept in a timely manner and to high standards;
Iontas is looking for a professional with the following characteristics:
- You have a BSc. in biological sciences and/or 2-3 years of mammalian tissue culture experience (mandatory);
- You have an excellent service mentality and great communication skills you will seek to become a key member of staff in supporting the scientific team and other support unit activities;
- You have good organisational skills to perform tasks in a meticulous manner with close attention to detail in both practical work and written records;
- You have the ability to work independently and to tight deadlines and respond flexibly to the demands of a busy lab environment;
- Molecular biology experience is advantageous;
- You have flexible attitude to changing priorities and timelines, responding to these challenges positively;
- You have a proactive attitude, eager to learn and help your team to succeed;
- You have an independent sense of urgency, persistence, and integrity.
- Integration in a highly motivated team;
- Working in an international environment;
- Career development;
- Other benefits such as company pension, life insurance & cycle to work scheme.
You will receive a contract directly with Iontas. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of the right to live and work in the UK. Interested? Applications must be submitted directly through our website www.iontas.co.uk, before the 31st of July 2021. Please use “Reference 47” for this position. For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 222 437 509.