IONTAS are seeking enthusiastic lab-based Scientists/RA to join the discovery team at our South Cambridgeshire site. We have a rich scientific environment with a focus on client-based antibody drug discovery projects and innovative platform development. We seek adaptable individuals to help develop and refine our practices and to deliver on projects.
As a Scientists/RA you will make part of an antibody discovery team contributing to the delivery of high-quality results to our clients. You will gain responsibility for customers projects communicating with them orally and in written reports prepared according to company
standards. Working with a Team Leader the role will centre on project delivery but will include optimisation of procedures and supervision/training of other team members.
We are looking for individuals with the following knowledge and expertise (assigned level depends on experience):
• You have a BSc and relevant lab experience including molecular biology capabilities
• An enthusiastic outlook and a willingness and desire to learn
• Ability, under instruction to meet and exceed goals
• Good communication, organisational and record-keeping capabilities
• Team working abilities but with ability to work independently as required One or more of the following skills/abilities would be an advantage:
• Proteins science including affinity measurement and assessment of biophysical properties of proteins
• Bio-informatics and sequence analysis including NGS
• Immunology and Immunoassays
• Flow cytometry and cell culture
• Display technology techniques (e.g. phage, yeast, ribosome display)
We offer career development opportunities and a fun working environment in our expanding Cambridge site. We are a highly motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company Fairjourney Biologics in Portugal.
Applications must be submitted directly through our website, at https://iontas.co.uk/careers/,before the 15th of September 2021. Please use “Reference 62” for this position.
References & original qualification certificates will be requested subsequent to a job offer. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide original documents showing eligibility to work in the European Economic Area.
For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 220 736 919.
IONTAS is an internationally renowned research company offering antibody discovery services originally focussed on antibody phage display, a technique originally invented by our founder. The company has also invented a proprietary mammalian display platform for identifying high affinity, developable lead antibody candidates with the added advantage of allowing selection for optimal biophysical properties during the earliest stages of drug discovery.
To expand the company, IONTAS recently combined forces with Fairjourney Biologics, Portugal. Our joint operations consists of more than 100 scientists, anchored in a high-profile network of advisors, has successfully completed more than 150 projects, with over 50 biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Through organic growth and acquisition we will continue to expand our offering centred around antibody discovery using immune and naïve library approaches combined with our unrivalled mammalian display technology