IONTAS are seeking enthusiastic lab-based Senior scientists to join the discovery team at our South Cambridgeshire site. We have a rich scientific environment with a focus on client-based antibody drug discovery projects and innovative platform development. We seek adaptable individuals with keen scientific minds to help develop and refine our practices and to deliver on projects. As a Senior Scientist you will make part of an antibody discovery team contributing to the delivery of high-quality results to our clients. You will gain responsibility for customers projects communicating with them orally and in written reports prepared according to company standards. Working with a Team Leader the role will centre on project delivery but will include optimisation of procedures and supervision/training of other team members.
We are looking for individuals with the following knowledge and expertise (assigned level depends on experience):
• You have a PhD (or equivalent relevant experience), plus at least 3 years’ experience in biotherapeutic discovery or optimisation.
• Demonstrable experience in aspects of biologic drug discovery or optimisation.
• Excellent time-management, planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a team, or independently, as required.
One or more of the following skills/abilities would be an advantage:
• Display technology techniques (e.g. phage, yeast, ribosome display).
• Flow cytometry and cell culture.
• Protein science, for example affinity measurement.
• Immunology and Immunoassays.
We offer career development opportunities and a fun working environment in our expanding Cambridge site. We are a highly motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company Fairjourney Biologics in Portugal. Applications must be submitted directly through our website, at https://iontas.co.uk/careers/, before the 30th of September 2021. Please use “Reference 65” for this position.
References & original qualification certificates will be requested subsequent to a job offer. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide original documents showing eligibility to work in the European Economic Area. For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 220 736 919