Iontas are seeking an experienced Team Leader to join us at our South Cambridgeshire site and provide overall direction and leadership to one of our scientific groups. We have a rich scientific environment with a focus on client-based antibody drug discovery projects and innovative platform development. We seek adaptable individuals with keen scientific minds to help develop and refine our practices and to deliver on projects.
As a Team Leader you will manage an antibody discovery team contributing to the delivery of high-quality results to our clients. You will gain responsibility for customers projects communicating with them orally and in written reports. Working with a CTO the role will centre on project delivery but will include optimisation of procedures and supervision/training of other team members.
We are looking for individuals with the following knowledge and expertise:
• You have a PhD (or equivalent relevant experience) plus at least 5 years, experience in biotherapeutic discovery or optimisation.
• Demonstrable expertise and deep understanding of one or several areas including biologics discovery and screening, display technologies, immunology, antibody engineering, biophysical characterisation, cell biology, structural biology, cell line engineering or molecular biology.
• Excellent time-management, planning, and organisational skills.
• Collaborative outlook and outstanding communication skills.
• Leadership abilities with proven record of successfully managing the work and development of others.
• Excellent problem-solving skills including complex problems in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Proficient written communication, including scientific papers, patents and project proposals.
• Professional communications and presentations to external companies/organisations.
We offer career development opportunities and a fun working environment in our expanding Cambridge site. We are a highly motivated team working within an international group which includes our sister company FairJourney Biologics in Portugal.
Applications must be submitted directly through our website, at https://iontas.co.uk/careers/, before the 30th of September 2021. Please use “Reference 66” for this position. References & original qualification certificates will be requested subsequent to a job offer.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide original documents showing eligibility to work in the European Economic Area.
For more information about this position you can contact us at +351 220 736 919